Snapshot #3 - Momma

My mom is the sweetest person I know.  That being said she can be rude and embarrassing.  The first thing she ever said to me was not very nice.  I don't let her forget it either.  The first words out of her mouth when I was born were, "She sure has a big face."  Thanks MOM!  I like to think I grew into my big face.  Since my mom has already let this picture out into the world wide web, I will share the evidence.  

My first picture

Mom doesn't let me forget any of the embarrassing things I said or did.  She remembers EVERY detail.  She let me think that the song "Rock-a-bye baby" went, "Rock-a-bye baby in the tree trunk."  She thought it was so cute that she didn't have the heart to tell me I was wrong.  She also convinced me that I was born with big, orange feet.  I believed her for longer than I care to admit.  There is never a dull moment when she is around.

The most important thing you should know about my mom is her loving and caring attitude.  She has always taken care of my dad and me.  She knows what I need before I even know.  I like to think she has a PhD in Jessie.  I once tried on about 50 swimsuits and left with nothing.  A week later she handed me a package with a swimsuit she ordered online.  It fit perfectly. The following year she bought me two other perfect swimsuits the same way.  

Momma and me after the wedding

In high school, I went to Europe for two weeks and my mom had a secret plan to redo my bedroom and bathroom.  People questioned her redecorating without my input.  As I said in My Purple Palace, a purple room was my dream.  She pulled it off without the slightest hint.  It was just how I wanted it to look and it was a wonderful surprise when I returned home.

When it came to the wedding, she was my professional wedding planner.  She picked out the bridesmaids' dresses and shoes online.  I saw them for the first time when they arrived.  I told people that I trust her taste and judgement so much that I could show up to the wedding and it would be just how I dreamed. 

Earlier today she made me a cappuccino without asking if I wanted one...I really wanted one.  It was delicious as you can tell.  

Cappuccino made by Momma

My mom puts others before herself.  She pours her heart into her job at the local elementary school.  The kids love her as much as she loves them.  She has worked there for 17 years and enjoys every day.  She makes a difference in their lives, just like she made a difference in my life.  I am married and on my own and I still ask myself, "What would Momma do?"

Snapshot #2 - The Best Doggie Ever                                                          Snapshot #4 - Andie and Scraggly

4 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds wonderful :) You guys are adorable.

    She kind of reminds me of my mom in some ways! We are lucky girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is just as wonderful as she sounds!!! :) We are very lucky!

      Delete
  2. She's not only a great Mom but a great friend. I'm glad to see how much you love and appreciate her. She's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, you are so right! I hope I love and appreciate her as much as she deserves!

      Delete

Like us!