A bathroom fit for a queen

I remember seeing our house for the first time.  It seemed perfect for us.  There were definitely changes that needed to be made and the bathrooms were on the top of the list.


We needed to turn two back-to-back bathrooms into one bathroom.  This was our first experience with home design and decor.  I was nervous about picking out the best bathroom components.  We split the decisions up between us and hoped that we would end up with a nice result.

We were very surprised by the result.  We actually put together a nice bathroom.  I wish we would have taken a better before picture, but we didn't imagine the result would make us so happy.  Both bathrooms were 4.5 feet by 9 feet.  One of the bathrooms had a beautiful blue bathtub and toilet and were replaced with nice, new, WHITE ones.



Bathroom number 1 before complete with a blue bathtub and toilet

Bathroom number 2 before with a shower and blue sink

I remember coming to visit Jake and seeing what the bathroom looked like when it was gutted.  There was a lot of space.  The wheels started turning and we began to plan.

We chose a grayish porcelain tile that would go with both the brown cabinets and purple decorations that I wanted.  I was very happy with how it looked when we laid it out on the floor.  We decided on a diagonal laying pattern.  I was shocked to see how much pattern affects the look of the floor.



The floor after it was finished

When we went to pick out cabinets, there was one design that stuck out to me.  We chose to get kitchen cabinets in the design I wanted from the beginning.  The kitchen style allowed us to have taller cabinets and design the layout we wanted.  The result was exactly what we had envisioned.



I fell in love with the detail on these cabinets!

We finished up the design process with choosing the counter top, bathtub, and wall color.  The wall color is the only place that mistakes were made.  I wanted a smoky purple colored wall and picked out the wrong color.  We had to repaint the walls, but it looks so much better. It turned out perfect!

Decorating was the last item on the list.  I couldn't find curtains that I liked so my mom offered to sew them for me.  She did a great job!  I registered for the purple and gray floral pictures and they look great!  I just have figure out on which wall they will hang.


Here is the final result!  I think it turned out better than I dreamed of and expected!  Tell us what you think!

The after result

Stay tuned for the next post about the house.... My purple palace

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani! We really enjoyed the process!

      Delete
  2. Really nice! Big too! Your momma did a great job! Didn't know she sewed. Guess she remembers all those home ec classes! Lol! Mrs. Wolfe would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was surprised she offered to make them. She did an excellent job!

      Delete

Like us!