My Favorite Barn Quilt Block

I had a barn quilt block class on February 16th at our church.  The next day I wanted to give back to the church for letting me use their space.  Mom and I had a great idea to paint a LCMS (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) cross for each of our churches.  She did all of the planning work and we each made a block.  It was a great mother/daughter time to end our weekend.

Getting the pattern drawn out on the board.

After two colors added

All the colors of the cross finished!

Painting the background color!

Finished with it after many hours of hard work!

Mom and me with our finished blocks!  I can't wait to see them hanging up around our churches!
We were very happy with how they turned out, what do you think?  What should I try to paint next?





4 comments:

  1. I love this block, but I don't think I have the patience to lay it out. I think I'll start with something much easier.

    Thanks for linking up to the Country Fair Blog Party! Come back next week, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me 8 hours to complete, I don't blame you!

      Delete
  2. WOW!! Gorgeous! You both did a fantastic job! A barn quilt is on my list of things to make, I have been pinning different patterns of barn quilts for the last few months and haven't gotten around to actually making one yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Myla! I am obsessed with making them. I have made 3 in the last week and have 3 more drawn out to paint. :)

      Delete

Like us!