Snapshot #27 - (Almost) World Famous Seasoning

A few months ago I discovered Grill Mates Sweet and Smoky seasoning.  I put it on everything.  It didn't take long to see that this was becoming a grocery shopping regular.  I decided to try my hand at my own sweet and smoky seasoning.  The result wasn't the exactly the same, but it is even better to use for a meat rub.  I use it on roast beef, hamburgers, steaks, chicken breast, and....well that is pretty much all I cook or eat.  I shared the seasoning with my mom and she went home and made her own.   I have my mom's approval so I think it must be pretty good!

Here is my almost world famous seasoning!


Start with:
The ingredients

2 T paprika
3 T cinnamon
3 T chili powder
3 T garlic powder
4 T onion powder
5 T sugar
Up to 1 T cayenne pepper (optional if you want some heat to the seasoning)
2 T Grill Mates Sweet and Smoky (optional)
3 T Dillo Dust (optional - free with a LaRue Tactical purchase)

I love the way the ingredients look before mixing!
Put the ingredients in a bowl with an airtight seal and shake until mixed.

The final product!

Use a funnel to put the seasoning in a shaker if you desire.

Like I said, I use this seasoning for everything.  Tomorrow I will share my special roast beef recipe.  It is cooking right now!  Yummy!!

What are your favorite seasonings?

0 comments:

Like us!