The most magical day

April 6, 2013 was the best day of my life.  I can't believe it has been five months already.  I wanted to share some of my favorite moments and pictures.  I narrowed it down to my top 20.

I started out the day with hair and makeup done by my cousin, Mary.  Instead of eating breakfast that morning, I decided to bring crackers and other snacks to eat.  It is hard to see in the picture, but I wore a shirt that my mom made.  It said Future Mrs. Wyrill.  It was perfect!

Mary fixing my hair while I stuff my face with Cheez-its

I knew Mary would do a good job and it exceeded my expectations!

The "after" shot

 My parents made this day and my dream possible.  They were there for us with love and support and my mom was the best wedding planner I could have had.

My parents, Kirby and Cindy, with me before the wedding
Photo by Donnert Photography

 If there is one thing you should know about Redbeard, it is that he HATES pictures.  If there is a camera out, he is frowning.  The smile in this picture shows that he was excited to marry me (even if he won't admit it.)

This is one of only a few documented smiles from Jake.  I guess he was happy to see me.
Photo by Donnert Photography

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a very emotional person.  That has changed slightly over the last two years.  I love this picture, because Jake is making his "keep it together, Jessie" face.  As you can see, I got it back together pretty quick.

Jake is giving me the, "don't you dare cry on a day like this" face.
Photo by Donnert Photography

 We were blessed to have such an awesome wedding party.  These people have played a big part in our lives.

The wedding party
Photo by Donnert Photography

It may seem weird to some, but we have three pastors marry us.  We wouldn't have had it any other way.  Each pastor played a big role in our lives and relationship.

Pastor Fries, Pastor Grimm, and Pastor Schultz (left to right)
Photo by Donnert Photography

 My maid of honor, Jeri and I have been friends for over eight years.  In that time we have exchanged seven hugs.  We hug for big events and obviously this was one of them.  I am so glad I have it documented in a picture.

Hug #7
Photo by Donnert Photography

I was most nervous about starting to cry or falling when I walked down the aisle.  I would say dad and I passed the test.  We even smiled as we walked!

We made it down the aisle with smiles and no tears!
Photo by Donnert Photography

St. Paul's Lutheran Church means so much to us.  It is the church where we were baptized, confirmed, and now married.  My parents were married in the church, also.  It is hard to move away from a church that I have been a part of for 22 years.

St. Paul's Lutheran Church - Alta Vista
Photo by Donnert Photography

 This picture pretty much sums up our feelings at this point.  I was completely overjoyed and Redbeard was just glad he made it through the ceremony.

It is official!
Photo by Donnert Photography

Sarah Jane came all the way from Texas and caught the bouquet.  Her face is priceless!

Sarah Jane was really excited for the bouquet!
Photo by Donnert Photography

My mom gave me the handkerchief she used for her wedding.  We just happened to pose for a picture after the ceremony.  The handkerchief matched my mom's wedding colors from 24 years earlier.  It was her great aunt's and my mom asked to use it for her wedding.

Mom and I after the ceremony with her handkerchief from April 8, 1989.
Photo by Donnert Photography

 After the ceremony, I changed into my reception dress.  The town of Alta Vista, where we got married, added a huge limestone sign recently.  Luckily our photographer thought to take pictures by the sign.  These photos ended up being my favorite.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding.
Photo by Donnert Photography

 Of course we had to have fun with our bright sunglasses!

The bridesmaids and I
Photo by Donnert Photography

 And we had to represent our school, Kansas State!  Go Cats!

K - S - U!!!!!
Photo by Donnert Photography

 I couldn't have imagined how nice our flowers would look.  I had a vision and they brought it to life!

I think I had the prettiest flowers in the history of weddings... -
Photo by Donnert Photography

These girls brighten my day.  I am so glad they were able to share the day with us.  It is hard to believe that five of us are married now and one more marriage on the way!

My sorority sisters surprised me with this picture. Thank you ladies! 
My parents went to the photo booth to take a nice picture.

Aren't they cute?  They celebrated their 24th anniversary two days later.

This is my favorite picture of the night.  My mom drew the pattern for the light on the floor.  She put together all of the elements I wanted into one design.  Yes, she incorporated wheat, a cross, a heart, and wedding rings into one neat design.

The first dance - "Hey Pretty Girl" Kip Moore
Photo by Donnert Photography


0 comments:

Like us!